Sunday, August 24, 2008

10:86

As I sit here, 86 minutes past my 10:00 deadline for being in bed, I am deep in thought about the youngsters who will fill my classroom, which has been sitting silently for many weeks. I know I have a huge responsibility ahead of me, and no amount of preparation can take the place of prayer. As I begin this school year, I want to remain in constant prayer for my students. It has never been more difficult to be a teenager, and kids today are bombarded with mixed messages from the media, their families, their friends, and even their churches. I want all of my students to be successful, but more than that, I want them to all find God and to become happy with who they are. Teaching in public school does not afford me the right to speak freely about my faith, but my students know Whose I am by what I say and do, and I know they watch me even more than I realize.
So, I'm off to sleep for a few short hours, but I am eagerly anticipating tomorrow and Tuesday, as I begin to put faces with the 160+ names on my rosters!
**I wouldn't be ready for tomorrow were it not for my mom. I think, in another life, she would have been an amazing teacher. I can't even list all the things she has done these past several days to help me get my room ready and she is currently working on the curtains, which is unbelievable to me. I am truly blessed and I hope I never take it for granted. THANKS, MOM! (And Dad, the Super Laminator)

No comments:

Post a Comment