Sunday, August 17, 2008

Forgiveness.....

Someone apologized to my mom today for something that happened at church almost 11 years ago, something that hurt our entire family tremendously. She was my S.S. teacher in high school, and she mentioned me by name today, so the apology is very meaningful to me. I've tried to forgive her in the past, and I know I've let go of a lot of it, but this really helps. I know my forgiveness of a person shouldn't depend on how sorry they are, but I'm human and that's how my heart works. I guess a true test of my heart would be: if she had never apologized, could I still forgive her?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I don't know exactly what you're talking about here, but I do know that this woman must have been carrying this around for 11 years, too. Thankfully, she has owned up and apologized. That is pretty cool. I know choosing to forgive is that, a choice and obedience to God's command to do so, but an apology sure does help!! :)

    ReplyDelete