I attended a training today about autism, a subject that is still of great interest to me. Although I don't work in the field of special education anymore, I still teach a few of those kids, so every training helps. I love my current job, but my heart is still concerned about my other group of kids. I think I am of huge value to REL when I can tell them to put those kids in my classes, because I know how to work with them, and I care about them. It's nice to finally be in a place in my life where I know my strengths and I'm able to use them on a daily basis. Some of my former jobs were just ways to make money, and although I came close to making a career of waiting tables, it really isn't my forté! I love what I do and I'm glad to be in this spot. I would say, "I wish I had gotten here sooner" but really, I might not appreciate it as much if I hadn't been through my specific circumstances that got me here. And I certainly don't think I'm "finished" - just kind of in a landing for a good amount of time, but still open to what God wants to do in my life.
Also, today, I had to deal with a personally intense situation. It was unavaoidable. I had to briefly interact with someone who has hurt me in the past. It turned out okay (and didn't last longer than 15 seconds) and I was able to smile and hold my head up and be proud of who I am, but on the inside I was really shaking. For those of you who really know me, there are very few things that get to me like that. I was pleased with how I handled myself, and I was also pleased with the manner in which I was treated by the other party. It was as good of an interaction as it could have been. I'm still working on that verse about forgetting the things of the past.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment