Monday, August 11, 2008

43:18

Isaiah 43:18, Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. ...I say, "AMEN!!!" to the idea, but I can't do it. I am cursed with an incredible memory. I don't know how to forget things. But I have learned not to dwell on the past. Maybe that's the first step. I don't know that I want to forget the former things, altogether... remembering helps keep me in line. Remembering the hurt my former sins have caused me and others. Oh well, it's in the Bible, and that's a pretty clear verse, so I guess I have to at least try.

Maybe it's fitting to include the song I wrote in January? It's called "My Past Is Not My Present."

My past is not my present
My present is God's son
He gave for me his only one

I am not who I was
But not yet who I'll be
Because my Jesus died for me
--------------------------------------
He rose up - and so can I
He died and rose to life
And now he lives in mine
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
My past is not my present
My present is God's son
He gave for me his only one

I am not who I was
But not yet who I'll be
Because my Jesus died for me
--------------------------------------
I have a purpose - To glorify the Father
the everlasting fire
He is my one desire

No comments:

Post a Comment