Friday, August 1, 2008

Spanish 2

Last night I dreamed that I got there for the first day of school. Spanish 1 was my first class, and it went well. I had to go to a different portable for my next class, Spanish 2, and I was late. There were all adults in there - I mean, BIG, full-grown people. Very nice and polite, but big. I felt very small and I asked, "Am I in the right room?" It was a very strange class. Then I drove home at lunch (to my new house, but it looked very different in my dream, very small and quaint), but I accidentally parked in front of the wrong house. There was a girl that lived in that house that I knew from teacher trainings, and she wasn't very friendly to me. Several of my "adult" student were showing up there for lunch. Weird. And I needed to go to the bathroom in privacy, but for some reason that toilet was in the middle of my front room, and anyone would be able to see in. So I left, went to a gas station, then headed back to school. I got there 5 minutes late for my next class.

Well, this all makes sense, really... I've never taught Spanish 2 before, and I am nervous about it. And the Spanish 2 student will be older, on average, and they will literally be bigger! Freshman boys can be quite small sometimes. It will be a big adjustment, but I am looking forward to the challenge. I guess the being late and being confused represents my anxiety about this new teaching prep.

Also, I bought my house, we moved furniture, I've got electricity, gas, water, cable, internet and phone, and yet... I still have not spent one night there. So I do kind of feel like I'm between houses, and not really sure where my heart is.

Dreams are weird and sometimes very random, but I do believe that they have meaning. I don't mean that I believe they have prophetic vision (not for me, anyway) but I do think they can provide insight into what is truly going on inside my head and my heart. I like my dreams. I like thinking about them and sometimes talking about them. Mainly, I'm just glad I have dreams.

1 comment: