
When I was raking leaves, I realized that it's very hard to get the leaves that are at the base of the plants. They are hard to see, they're the farthest away and the most stubborn! But once I started raking around them, and got the area around the plant kind of cleared out, then I could see what I was working with and I was able to get most of them.
I think that's how it is with us and God and sin. When we ask God to take away a sin in our life, sometimes he has to clear out the junk around us first. Not because he can't go "Poof!" like the Genie and get it done, but because he wants us to be complete in Him. So I guess what I'm learning is that if I'm asking God to purify one aspect of my life, there may be a lot of stuff that's going to get tidied up, and it might be that one sin I was thinking about holding onto a little longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment